Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rough Ride 2008

Matt's official Rough Ride photo. Andy and I got missed.


Andy experiences Kington's famous narrow pavement.



Andy, for some reason, bought peas and performed his never before seen 'praying mantis'.



Andy decided that watering his bike might aid his chances.



Andy's racing picnic. Only three tins of makerel, andy?



Rough Ride 2008 - Start 10:00



Team P.I.G. (well, Matt forgot to register but never mind)



More waiting around to start




This was the worst hill of the day - almost nobody managed to ride it aside from a few nutters. Hard even to walk up!



Split point water stop. The cut off for the long route was 13:00 - I made it by 12:20. Decisions, decisions. Fuck it, I'll bottle it and take the short route.




Up the hill (familiar story) to the Split point water stop



Fortunately this bit was downhill. Very quickly.



Some riders manage to negotiate the downhill without the need for the ambulance!



Sadly that was inevitably followed by more long grassy climbs. I got cramp several times at this point.



Finally back to some Thai Green Curry and cup of tea. Perhaps not ideal on a hot sunny day. Although the tea was welcome in any weather.




Waiting around for Andy and Matt to finish. I ate my food, drank my tea, checked out my prize cycling shorts, had a massage and lay in the sun for a fair while before I saw Andy.



Matt got some impressive Helmet burn.

Report here. I will write one, I promise.

Finish Times:

Team P.I.G. (Short Route, 48km)
Me - 04:38:54
Andy - 05:33:15
Matt - 06:09:08
Martin - DNS (homosexuality)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home