Monday, July 25, 2005

FACE OFF

Friday 22nd July 2005

Andy and Matt came down for my birthday, Guthrie couldn't make it due to a school trip and a knackered car unfortunatey, but we had a laugh. Face Off was the shittest night in there ever for music - only in the last half hour did they play any good songs, after tormenting me with FOUR (!) Kaiser Shits songs. Then they played beverly Hills, Buddy Holly, Last Night and they did play Just Like Heaven at one point. In the metal room they redeemed years of pantsness by playing Walk (Pantera) and Enter Sandman and Poison (yes, Alice Cooper). Even so it was a bit pants. My downfall came when they started playing House of Pain's jump around. No sooner had "where's Andy?" (yes it does) passed Matt's lips than he leapt upon us and made us jump around in a circle. Fun, I hear you cry. Unfortunately we had just spent the previous 3 minutes jumping around to buddy holly. I swear that during the next 3 minutes my right lung collapsed and my calf muscles melted. Indeed my calves, back and neck are Still in pain and its monday! Still, avoided the traditional saturday hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home