Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Death cyclist fine angers family

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7496757.stm

Whilst I am sympathetic to the family (even though the facts as to whether the guy was cycling on the pavement or not are unclear), it pisses me off when suddenly one death means that all cyclists should be regulated and laws should be changed. What about the thousands of cyclist who are killed every year by car drivers who don't bother to look, or for that matter the hundreds of thousands of car-related deaths full stop. From one freak accident suddenly cyclists are evil, when it is car drivers who are the real menace. If the guy was riding on the pavement, its because asshole car drivers forced him on there (I'm not condoning it). Whilst on the subject, fucking pedestrians don't look for cyclists either they just wander around in a daze. Cunts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to be a Death Cyclist. It sounds pretty cool.

2:32 pm  
Blogger Sam Webster said...

I know I'm terrible for skimming what I read, but I didn't see anything about a law change.

Bloke sounds like a twat anyhoo. Just like you expect a lorry to give you (as a cyclist) consideration on the road, you need to give consideration to any pedestrians on a foot/cycle path. Innit?

4:19 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm pretty sure someone somewhere was wanting to change a law.

2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home