Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Swansea institute Graphic Design Expo 06


To be honest, aside froma few pieces (boobs and and OCD thing), most of the work was fairly run-of-the-mill, showing a disappointing lack of orignality from budding designers. The example above however amused me muchly.


Claire's work, however, truly stood out. Now as the more astute amongst you will know, I was bound to say this, but objectively I am a fan of much of her work. It is creative and innovative in a way that many are not, yet has a vulnerability and in some cases a charming naivity edged with a certain sharpness and cynicism, which really attracts me. That, and she did some work for me for the GEP.

These I want for my spare alcove - a block of 4 printed on canvas would look great!

PS - sorry about the crappy photos - this is why I go to exhibitions and not exhibit at them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home