Thursday, January 05, 2006

Scalextric


The sharper eyed amongst you may have noticed a Scalextric track in the earlier posts - there is a story behind this. It's not very entertaining, but I'm going to tell it anyway. You can always skip this bit? No? Idiot. You're the sort of person who writes to Points of View. It's a TV - TURN IT OVER - OR OFF. Bloody mindless zombies.

Anyway. Walking past Swansea model shop before Christmas I notice it is closing so popped in for a nose. A crate of Scalextric track sat on the floor with "free to good home" on it. There was a catch - I had to take all of it. As my hands were full of shopping I asked the guy to save it and I'd pop back. So I rushed home grabbed my big rucksack, went back to twon, spent 25 minutes stuffing it into my rucksack as best I could, thanked the guy and dragged it all the way back home. Great, I thought, Bargain. What the fuck am I going to do with 40 banked curves?!?!?

Still it was free. Anyway, I spent 4 hours assembling a huge track in the lounge, only to find the track wasn't suitable for banked curves as the cars couldnt gather enough speed, so they remain untested. After modifying the track it stood for 3 weeks until we were cleaning up after the tree. I will put it back up soon - the last one was a bit tricky and more than one lap without coming off was a challenege! Oh well, back to the drawing board, at least I'm not short of options!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home