Sunday, August 09, 2009

30th Birthday Bonanza Part 1 - The Party

Kunt & the Gang headlined the night - here performing Wank the Dog

Kunt and A101 Backstage

Food theme for the night - Chips or Tits?

A101 in action

Our touching tribute to Michael Jackson (or should that be ...tribute to Michael Jackson's touching?)

My Special Limited Edition birthday hair

Me and Kunt

Me looking almost cool for a change

A101

Shaun and I enjoy a Status Quo moment during Fucksticks


A101 – SETLIST – 09 JULY 2009

ECSTACY OF GOLD [ENTRY]

HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN

CHILDREN OF THE GAMBIA

BLITZKREIG BOP

NO FUN

STREETS OF LONDON

TERRITORIAL PISSINGS

KIDS IN AMERICA

ENGLISH NATIONAL ANTHEM BASS SOLO INTO…

TURNING JAPANESE

SO WHAT


--- ENCORE---

ANARCHY IN THE UK

FOR YOU

WHISKEY IN THE JAR


--- A101 & KUNT & THE GANG---

FUCKSTICKS




Well what can I say - what a night, and what a way to celebrate turing 30! Thanks to everyone who turned up, A101, Kunt, Cath for doing the food, Myles@Moloko for the venue, Shell for making me plentiful tea at 3 am and Rach for being hot ;-).

Given that we hadn't really had much of a chance to practice together, we weren't too bad, although I'm sure many people would dispute this. We accept that the impromptu Kids in America was terrible, and Whiskey probably wasn't that great, but Andrew as guest drummer won some fans. The highlight for me was playing Fucksticks with Kunt, 'cos I really like our version of it (see it on You Tube (under A101) and Facebook). Anarchy sounded pretty decent too. Hell, we made a drunk bloke and a tramp outside dance and we played So What on Wind Street, so I was happy. Blitzkreig is also on You Tube I think, along with Fucksticks http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Fizzwizz1&view=videos#play/uploads. Coming on to Ecstacy of Gold was entertaining for me, although I'm not sure who else got the joke. The Michael Jackson riffs (smooth criminal, Billie Jean, Beat it) seemed to fill some time and be sort of appreciated I think. For You was a bit pants as the cable was loose on my pedal so we had to restart. But hey, we got to play it 1.5 times! We had actually decided to scrap Kids, Hey Mickey and Blitzkreig, but managed to wangle all but Hey Mickey back in, much to Shaun's ire.

I think Cath should get special mention for making my Chips or Tits? food theme a reality, although neither of us want to make tit shaped food ever again.

More pics on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home