Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Cure - Wembley Arena 20/03/08

You can almost see the band...



Our Hotel room at the Jurys Inn, Islington. Quite why we had a spare bed instead of breakfast I don't know.

Well I have finally seen The Cure, and after a nearly 3 and a half hour long set, I certainly got my money's worth! i think Cath got a bit bored and lost in the gloomy middle section, which I would prefer to describe as atmospheric - although even my REM back started to play up towards the end. They were great though and played almost all of the songs I love - even, strangely enough, Wrong Number. The Boys Don't Cry Encore was probably the highlight for me, when they played almost the entire album including Fire in Cairo and 10:15 on a Saturday Night! Outstanding. Naturally Killing an Arab let Sof in for some stick...

It was just brilliant all the way through - In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Hot Hot Hot - even slightly odd versions fo Why Can't I be you? and Lovecats. Superb. One moment of realisation as we were stadning watching from the rear - this was a 'concert', not a gig, and I am getting far too old when I describe music events as 'concerts'. Back to ANL on the Isle of Man with a bit of luck!

Oh yeah, they also played that song I really love and can't fucking remember the name of now -will add when I find it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home