Monday, February 19, 2007

Cycle Training - Cefn Bryn










The latest cycle trip took Phil and I 30 miles around Gower and back, up to Cefn Bryn and Arthur's Stone, down the heathland through some interesting bogs and down to a forest somewhere near Reynoldstone. Some irritatingly steep gritty/muddy climbs and then a far too narrow muddy downhill track which ended, rather unpleasantly, with me riding straight into a bog (see above), which took some extrication work and leaf based cleaning. From this point on it is worth noting my brakes weren't at optimum efficiency. From this we rode out past some ruins, up another steep hill, up another horribly rocky, muddy hill (that was a real killer), and then back up onto the ridge by Cefn Bryn. From here rode along the ridge someway which was quite nice, despite the closing weather. At one point I managed to fall off on a perfectly flat piece of ground for no apparent reason. The cam a nice downhill section which I decided to hammer it down.... until I got stuck in a rut, lost my front wheel and went flying off down the hill sans bike. Fortunately I hit with my shoulder and rolled, and the ground was fairly soft so no real harm done. With me and the bike totally covered in mud we decided to call it a day and head home.

Next week: Off roading in Surrey somewhere!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, you seem to have gone cycling in your pyjamas!?

Still, you've done more cycling than me; I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked this coming weekend.

9:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the fuck are you wearing?

4:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home