Friday, January 26, 2007

Cycling progress

Well after several days of 20KM on the exercise bike I figured I'd better get out and test my SPDs (not Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). I had previously done a 13 mile ride one evening in the rain and found some interesting and somewhat hilly routes - I figured I might as well get used to cycling up bastard sized hills early on. Yesterday I managed a 19 mile route and found out (rather accidentally) where Bishoptstone, Murton and Newton are. Sadly it was pitch black and rather chilly so the coastal path routes will have to wait.

Today I suffered my first minor spill after deciding the bit of cleared ground in Singleton park (where rapists used to hide it seems) looked good for a bit of gentle off roading. What I hadn't banked on were the stream running through the middle and the boggy ground around it. Needless to say as I turned away from the stream I hit some nice 10" deep much with shot me right over the handlebars - forunately my hands intercepted the mud first to avoid me looking like Sof. No hard done just very muddy feet and slight embarassment witnessed, luckily, by no one.

Once I get thins clean - and work a few minor rattles out of my transmission, I should be set up for the next ride.

Matt has signed up for this ride in Herefordshire - 75KM off road, in June, which I will also be signing up for. We also plan a 2-day route out near Martin in surrey, as prep for the big one, which hopefully will happen in august sometime.

No, I still havent finished my dissertation, although I will start posting progress reports etc here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home