Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Autograph Hunting

Gerald Home - Squid Head and, I believe, the guy from the Mr Muscle ads

Toby Philpott, Jabba's left hand and legendary inspiration for one of my nicknames (my name being Phil obviously). We chatted about this for a while and it transpired he works in Cardiff library! We also chatted about the derivation of the name Philpott - as in filler of pots.


John Coppinger (Jabba Sculptor) and Richard Le Parmentier (Motti). Both really friendly and funny guys. John looked shocked when he shook my hand and I screamed like a girl (it was the hand I had sprained a few days before - it hurt). Poor bloke, he caught up with me later on to ask if I was ok and I explained the whole thing. He asked me to let him know if I enjoyed his book - of which I will post a review later (Promise). John's website is cool too www.johncoppinger.com


Rusty Goffe (of Umpa Lumpa and bouncing dwarf weatheman from live TV fame) and Alan Harris (Bossk and Anthony Daniels' stand in)

A couple of reasonable Star Wars conventions in cardiff have produced some pretty obscure autographs. Toby Philpot was lush though. Check the randoms out here http://www.fantasymania.co.uk/cardiff12thmarch2006.html

"A Stormtrooper", "Naboo civilian" and "Massassi Temple Guard" were my favourites (who I didn't bother to give £10 to). I think they had "Yavin medal bearer" there too! Next time in Newport they have the guy who played the Incom Engineer you see checking Luke's X Wing on Yavin - HE IS NOT AN ACTOR?!!?!? Alex and I have met the guy and he is as mystified as we are as to why people give him money because he was in Star Wars for a microsecond if you freeze frame it and zoom in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home