Monday, July 04, 2005

Kings of Leon - 2nd July 2005

I'd say they sucked balls, but they weren't bad exactly, just not that great. They didn't seem all that bothered, most of the songs didn't seem to work as well indoors, and crowd interaction was almost nil. Also, they seem to have got totally arrogant (Datsuns style) and really not that bothered about the music - I mean they sound fine, but there was not emotional involvement. Also, it reminded me how all their songs sound very similar.

Sure there were some highlights, like Holy Roller Novocaine and California Waiting, but even these failed to liven up a fairly turgid setlist. The Bucket was briefly uplifting, but overall it was a bit of a lame gig - although having Weezer and Audioslave as lead up gigs did them no favours either. Maybe I'm getting a bit cynical, but also people who obviously aren't fans and go just to hear the singles and then go mental, but don't even know any other songs piss me off.

On a brighter note, I got me an artoo to customise, and discovered that Lungfish, as Al has long been saying, are actually really rather good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home