Monday, July 09, 2007

Metallica@ Wembley 8th July 2007

Wembley - I'm very lazy and didn't take any of my own photos of the stadium or of Metallica so I will have to wait to steal someone elses.

I bet this guy was gutted when Jason left... maybe if he added long hair and a wispy beard it might look like Rob?

This is how much the crowd loved HIM - they constructed an impressive beeramid!


Setlist:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Sad But True
Disposable Heroes
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
The Memory Remains
The Four Horsemen
Orion
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Battery
---
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
---
Whiplash
Seek & Destroy

My memory fails me somewhat so I might correct it if someone else can remember.

This was a great gig overall - Mastodon were just noise to be fair but Machine Head were good. HIM we tried to ignore and entertained ourselves by laughing at the girls doing the macarena to then - whores. My main irritations were a) NO cider - I had to have a glass of WINE?!!? (They also had Champagne for £7.50 a glass?!) and b) there front was cordoned off for some reason so only knobends with special wristbands could get in. My other gripe was the crowd. Some of the guys around me were pretty good and we got several decent pits going and were jumping around otherwise, but in general it seemed lethargic compared to other 'Tallica crowds I've been in, even right down the front. Coupled with this, a scary amount of people didn't seem to know any of the pre Black Album songs - especially Disposable Heroes and some off Kill 'Em All. It was a disgrace I tell you. Still a worrying amount of people knew the words to No Leaf Clover - a song which until afterwards I assumed was some sort of dodgy cover to give an idea of how many times I have listened to it. Metallica were great, it just wasn't the greatest Metallica gig I've been to. Still, nice to see Justice and Whiplash in the set for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home