Monday, November 14, 2005

The new ketchup in town


As a Heinz supporter for the last 26 years I was a bit annoyed to find that they have moved almost exclusively to plastic bottles ( a fact which heinz blame on the supermarkets - I know, I Emailed them!). I HATE plastic bottle ketchup except on the odd occasions I have vegetarian hot dogs when it is excusable. At all other times it must be glass, it just tastes better. Until recently I have been forced to buy tiny bottles in bulk, but in a cafe last week in Cardiff I discovered this new one - Vitakrone. It is almost the perfect compromise between the thick, sweet texture of Heinz and the slight vinegariness of classic greasy spoon ketchup which is necessary for deep fried eggs et al. To cap it all off its about 36p a bottle from Lidl!! Genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home