Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend of Pain

I forgot about the Carling cup!

Basically I was dethroned as squash champion on friday (despite winning 7 or 8 games, including two victories over Martin 9-0 and 8-7), but because eh "beat" me once, 7-9, apparantly I am dethroned.

Anyhow - painful thighs and a 11:30 4-hour train to London later, the party commences in the pub and goes back to Sof's flat. By 12:30 I am dying and by 2:00 with no sign of the party abating I am forced to crawl back to Jo's in the snow and sleep for the few hours before another 8am wake up. Got to Paddington by 10 am for the 10:42 train. CARLING CUP queueing system in operating. Bollocks.

11:07 am train to Cardiff and 14:25 train to Swansea later I finally get back in time to catch the second half on the radio and try to avoid falling asleep.

My plan to take today off went awry when I remembered I was demonstrating my Kidneys. So I have this afternoon to write my presentation on Imperial German censorship and have ntl installed.

Phew

Back to demoing

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil by common assent you are a shite-hawk.
Thanks for coming to London - I know it is a huge hassle for someone who moans as much as yourself. Good that you left the dusting of the star wars paraphenalia (crap) to the live in cleaner.
Shame you had to piss off early before the party really started. Or maybe it started when you left...
Still good to see Cath.
See you in 2006, or 7, or 8... Jo says you will never see the money unless you make a claim from her estate when she passes on. And they charge £5 per night for BnB and £85 moaning charges. (Cath did not incur this charge)
Phil, Sof, Elly n Jo.

12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home